11/01/2014 - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at BAAY Theatre
1059 N. State Street
Don’t miss a theatrical, arts-oriented Haunted House at the Bellingham Arts Academy for Youth Theatre, one night only, Saturday, November 1st from 6-9pm. The event features a performance by the BAAY Dance Company, a spooky tour guide, tons of live (or at least undead), ghoulish actors and even a tasty treat at the end of the tour. This is a night you do not want to miss! A less-scary alternative tour is available for the faint-of-heart. Admission is $5 and all the money goes to scholarships for BAAY students.
11/02/2014 - 06/07/2015 - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at The Rome Grange
2821 Mt. Baker Hwy
The Rome Grange presents a community breakfast on the first Sunday of the month, September through June. All are welcome. Featuring made from scratch pancakes, French toast, sausage, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee.
Breakfast is $5 for adults, kids 6-10 $2 and kids under 5 are FREE; 8am-1pm
11/11/2014 - All Day at
Washington State Parks has announced the list of ‘free days’ for 2014. The “free days” are in keeping with legislation that created the Discover Pass, a $30 annual or $10 one-day permit required on state-managed recreation lands managed by Washington State Parks, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Department of Natural Resources. The remaining 2014 State Parks free days include:
• November 11th Veterans Day
11/14/2014 - 11/15/2014 - All Day at Tulalip Resort & Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd
FRIDAY – ARRIVE & CELEBRATE
- $195.00 per person
- Tasting Reception 6:00pm
- Celebration Dinner 7:00pm
- Celebration Dinner Wineries: Schramsberg Vineyards, Alleromb, Kosta Browne, Leonetti Cellar, Rasa Vineyards, and Inniskillin
- Featured Winemaker – Sean Boyd, Woodinville Wine Cellars
- Taste of Tulalip Retail Wine Shop
ALL ACCESS PASS
SATURDAY – ALL ACCESS PASS
CANOES CABARET, THE DRAFT SPORTS BAR AND GRILL, ORCA BALLROOM
- $350.00 per person
- 12:00pm Wine Seminar with special guest Anthony Giglio and Tommy Thompson
- 1:00pm Cooking Demonstration with Chef Ming Tsai
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm Private Magnum Party in Canoes Cabaret and The Draft Sports Bar and Grill
- Join us for the ultimate VIP Magnum Party at two grand venues. At Canoes Cabaret, guests can immerse themselves in a stunning collection of old world wines and specialty beers with emcee and local TV celebrity Bill Wixey. At The Draft Sports Bar & Grill, sample new world wines and craft brews with host and local TV celebrity Kaci Aitchison. All pours have been hand selected by Sommelier Tommy Thompson, and to enhance the party experience, guest celeb Chef Ming Tsai will share an array of delicious signature appetizers along with bites by Chef Perry Mascitti.
- 1:30 pm Early Entrance into the Grand Taste
SATURDAY – SIP, SAVOR & LEARN
- $95.00 per person
- Featuring over 120 wineries from Washington, Oregon, California, Germany and New Zealand paired with the Resort’s outstanding cuisine
- 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- Honorary Winemaker – Sean Boyd, Woodinville Wine Cellars
- Washington Wineries
- Oregon Wineries
- California Wineries
- German Wineries
- New Zealand Wineries
- Craft Beer selection at the Oasis Pool
- Multiple food stations by Tulalip Resort’s award winning chefs
- Taste of Tulalip Retail Wine Shop
- 4:00 pm Rock-n-Roll Challenge emceed by Ming Tsai along with guest judges Thierry Rautureau, Anthony Giglio and Mauny Kaseburg
11/14/2014 - 7:15 am - 9:00 am at Bellingham Technical College
3028 Lindbergh Ave
12th ANNUAL LITERACY BREAKFAST – Nov. 14th, 2014 featuring special guest speaker Nancy Pearl author and NPR commentator. Steve Clarke, Assistant Superintendent at the Bellingham School District, will be the emcee.
The morning will also feature a tutor and learner sharing how this work has impacted their lives.
Come join us at a new location: Settlemyer Family Hall in the Campus Center Building on Bellingham Technical College’s campus.