07/18/2015 - All Day at Claire vg Thomas Theatre
655 Front Street
The Lynden Music Festival and The Lynden Performing Arts Guild present the 2nd Annual Lyden’s Got Talent, a solo/group voice competition at this year’s Raspberry Festival in beautiful downtown Lynden on July 18, 2015. Auditions will take place on the outdoor stage (from 11am-3pm) in front of a panel of local judges as well as the festival attendees and are limited to participants 22 years and younger. Ten artists will be chosen to perform in the finals, Saturday evening at The Claire vg Thomas Theatre, where the audience will participate in selecting the winners!
08/08/2015 - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm at Fairhaven Village Green
Tenth St. and Mill Ave.
The 16th Annual Miles for Memories 5k Walk/Run is Saturday, August 8 from 8:00am – 12:00pm at Fairhaven Village Green. This year’s theme is ‘Whatcom Stampede’, so show up dressed in your best Western gear!
Registration opens at 8am, festivities begin at 8:30, and the race gun will go off at 9am.
Families, teams, and dogs are all welcome to participate to raise Alzheimer’s awareness in our community.
08/20/2015 - 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm at Bellingham Golf & Country Club
3729 Meridian St
Whatcom Humane Society’s Putts Fore Pets Golf Tournament is Thursday, August 20th at Bellingham Golf & Country Club. Driving Range opens at 12:00, Shotgun Start 1:00. The tournament includes a Hole in One Contest and great raffles and prizes, plus a buffet dinner following the tournament. 4 person team-$500 registration
08/23/2015 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at Lake Padden Park
4882 Samish Way
Calling all Super Dogs! Bring your Super Human Friends for a dash around Lake Padden to help benefit the Whatcom Humane Society. On your BARK, get set…GO! Form a team or run/walk solo.
Competitors: Top Dog prizes awarded to the top finishers in the men’s, women’s, over 60 and kids divisions. Non-Competitors: Enjoy a jog or walk around the lake.
Everyone gets a Swag bag!
• Individual: $25
• Team: 3-5 members $75, 6-10 members $125, 11-20 members $175
• No cost for the dog and will receive a superhero bandana.
• Superhero costumes encouraged.
08/23/2015 - 10:30 am - 3:00 pm at Lake Padden Park
4882 Samish Way
Northwest Washington’s biggest & best festival for dogs and their human friends. The Whatcom Humane Society’s ‘Dog Days of Summer’ is a free family and canine friendly event!
• Dog interactive games & activities throughout the park
• Contests for dogs with fabulous prizes
• Dog demonstrations, entertainment for the whole family
• Pet themed booths for all day shopping and education
• Animal caricaturist by donation, Dog Days of Summer t-shirts available for purchase to have your pet’s picture drawn on.
• Vegetarian food court, something yummy for everyone
• Visit the Whatcom Humane Society booth for shelter & adoption information
For more information visit www.whatcomhumane.org or call Dana Browne @ 733-2080 x3014