Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. THOUSANDS SWARM AIRPORT, HOPING TO ESCAPE
Relief, including flights out, proving slow to arrive for survivors of the typhoon in the Philippines.
2. GETTING ETHANOL FROM CORN HAS HIDDEN ENVIRONMENTAL PRICE
Farmers who rushed to find new places to plant wiped out millions of acres of conservation land, destroyed habitat and polluted water supplies
3. APPLE AND SAMSUNG BACK IN COURT AGAIN
A jury is to decide whether Android-based phones copy vital iPhone features.
4. AMERICANS GETTING BETTER ABOUT PAYING
Fewer U.S. homeowners are falling behind on their mortgages, with the rate falling to a five-year low.
5. WHO STEALS THE SHOW AT THE GLAMOUR AWARDS
Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani education activist, is among the honorees at Carnegie Hall.
6. AMAZON SECURES ITEM ON SHOPPING LIST
The online site reaches a long-sought deal with the U.S. Postal Service for Sunday package delivery.
7. ABC ANCHOR ANNOUNCES SURGERY
A month after undergoing a mammogram on “Good Morning America,” Amy Robach says she has breast cancer and will have a double mastectomy. ABC-ROBACH
8. ALEC BALDWIN SET TO TESTIFY AGAINST ACCUSED STALKER
A Canadian woman says she had a relationship with the actor; he says it was purely professional.
9. SHOOT-‘EM-UPS AIMED AT YOUNGER AUDIENCES
Gun violence in PG-13 movies has rivaled the frequency of such violence in R-rated movies, and actually surpassed it in 2012, a study says.
10. HOW DOLPHINS FARED AFTER MARTIN SCANDAL
Playing for the first time since bullying allegations, Miami lost to Tampa Bay 22-19, giving the Buccaneers their first win of the season.