KGMI News reporting, complied with AP News and ABC News
DARRINGTON, Wash. – Authorities say they believe 22 people are still missing in the deadly Oso mudslide that has killed at least 24 people.
That’s down from the 30 people they previously considered missing.
The Snohomish County medical examiner’s office said Monday that it has positively identified 19 of the 27 victims in the official death toll.
The remains of three additional victims were found Monday, but they have not yet been included in the medical examiner’s official numbers.
The youngest of the victims is a four-month-old baby girl named Sonoah Huestis.
Five-year-old Kaylee Spillers and a Six-year-old Runter Ruthven have also been identified.
The oldest victim so far is 71-year-old Lewis Vandenburg.
The slow work to recover victims continues with new workers coming in.
Spokesperson Richard Burke says local area rescue workers need relief.
Crews are also recovering personal items.
Burke says there is a strong bond among the recovery workers and families who lost loved ones.