Coach K back at practice after dizzy spell

Coach K back at practice after dizzy spell

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski reacts during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game against Virginia Tech in Durham, N.C., Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014. Duke won 66-48. Photo: Associated Press/AP Photo/Gerry Broome

DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Coach Mike Krzyzewski is out of the hospital and at practice with No. 4 Duke after feeling light-headed during a loss at Wake Forest.

Team spokesman Matt Plizga says Krzyzewski led practice on Thursday.

Earlier in the day, the school issued a statement that Krzyzewski was taken to Duke University Hospital in Durham for a precautionary examination after the 82-72 loss in Winston-Salem. He was sent home in the early morning after the school says his condition improved.

The 67-year-old Hall of Fame coach took a knee during a timeout in the second half of Wednesday night’s game. He did not attend the postgame news conference.

Associate head coach Steve Wojciechowski said after the game that Krzyzewski had not been sick and has been in good physical shape.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Soldier breaks rank to hug daughter at homecoming


Top brass at a Colorado Army post are all smiles after a 2-year-old girl interrupted a general's speech to dash across the room and hug her dad, who had just come home from a nine-month deployment.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.