Tax season is a good time to sit back and reflect at just how dumb we all can be with our money. A new survey asked people to name the DUMBEST financial mistake they made in the past year. Here are a few of the top results. And who knows, maybe they’ll make you feel better since at least SOME of these won’t apply to you . . .
- Overdrawing from your checking account.
- Making LATE payments on your credit cards.
- Making late payments on OTHER bills, or your rent.
- Loaning money to a friend or family member that wasn’t paid back.
- Not knowing your credit score.
- Borrowing money from a friend or family member that you couldn’t repay.
- Co-signing a loan that was defaulted on.
Don’t worry, we all do it! But tax season is a good time of year to reflect on your financial mistakes and make a plan to get on the right track.