We ran across a great list of “life hacks” especially for working parents. These were our faves:
– Invest in a coffee maker with a timer so your liquid fuel is ready the moment you wake up (or, more likely, the moment your children wake you up).
– Keep your bathrobe on over your work clothes until you walk out the front door. This will help you avoid any morning messes — spit up, sippy cups, bottles or unidentified sticky messes flung across the room — so you won’t have to waste time changing an entire outfit.
– Capitalize on your kids’ competitive nature and make getting ready a contest. Set a timer to see who can get dressed first. Race your kids to the bathroom once they get out of bed. Anything to get those little feet moving toward the front door and away from the television.
– Set up auto-ship services for the essentials: diapers, toilet paper, paper towels and so on. Services like Amazon Prime and Diapers.com will deliver on a schedule to your door.
– Have the whole family lay out clothes for the next day. For toddlers and babies who can’t dress themselves, purchase some “lounge wear” that can conveniently transition from evening to day, so only their diaper requires a change in the morning.
– For teething or drooling babies, layer several bibs on them when you get them dressed, so you can just remove throughout the day.
You’ll find more life hacks for working parents here.