Ready to upgrade to the latest, greatest smartphone? Whether a new phone is on your Christmas list or you’re 2 years is up and you’re ready for an upgrade, this is a very popular time for getting a new phone. Offset the cost by using a phone buyback program!
Financial guru Clark Howard recommends the following online buyback programs:
- Swappa.com for Android devices
- Glyde.com for gadgets and games
- Gazelle.com for Apple products, plus Android, BlackBerry and other phones
- Gizmogul.com lets you sell old phones for cash and donate to charity at the same time
- NewtonsHead.com for Apple products, even damaged iPhones
- BuyBackWorld.com or BuyMyTronics.com for all electronics
- NextWorth.com for phones, cameras, tablets and games
Amazon, Walmart, GameStop, and Apple have their own trade-in programs. Though in general, you’ll get a better deal from the independent players I’ve listed above. But you’ll usually get the most money by selling your phone yourself on eBay.