According to a new survey, the number one thing that lifts your mood during the winter doldrums is a hug. Here’s the full top ten:
1. A hug
2. Hanging out with friends
3. Going for a walk
4. Listening to music
5. Watching your favorite TV show
6. One-on-one time with your significant other
7. A call or text from a friend
8. Comfort food
10. A call or text from a relative.
A stiff drink was 13th . . . a hot bath was 15th . . . and exercise was 16th.
KAFE listeners had some great suggestions of their own:
- Tina says she always feels better when she’s dancing.
- Leslie likes to look at the world through yellow sunglasses.
- Ken likes to watch a funny movie – especially “Joe Dirt”.
- Tanya suggests raking up a big pile of leaves and jumping in!
- And Robin swears by committing random acts of kindness. Nice.