Richard Lustig has won seven major lottery jackpots, including one worth a million bucks, and he says it’s more than just dumb luck. In his new book, “Learn How to Increase Your Chances of Winning the Lottery,” he maps out his seven strategies:
1. Pick your own numbers — don’t let a machine do it.
2. Find out if the numbers you’re picking have won before — he says the odds of the same numbers winning again is rare.
3. Play ten sets of numbers relentlessly.
4. Spend what you can afford.
5. Consistently play several different games.
6. Avoid playing birthdays and anniversaries because you’ll never play numbers above 31.
7. If you play scratch off tickets, pick tickets from the same roll.