BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup finely ground espresso
- 1/8 cup granulated garlic
- 1 T ground anise seed pod
- 2 T ground black pepper
- 2 drops of liquid smoke
Our BBQ Pork Ribs are fall off the bone perfect. The coffee gives it an earthiness and keeps you from falling asleep afterwards. We use Baby Back Ribs, in the Lighthouse Bar and Grill.
- An initial sear once the rub is applied of 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and then slow and low down to 200 for as many hours as you can wait.
- We smoke the ribs with mesquite and apple wood, but liquid smoke works well too.
- We go overnight at 170 degrees; however, 8 hours at 200 will do the job for you at home.
Using a Mandolin or Cheese Grater shred the apples into a bowl, add the juice from one lime, fresh cut cilantro, salt to taste, a dash of sugar, done. This goes great with the ribs.