- 1/8 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup risotto
- 3 cups vegetable stock or apple juice
- 1 diced onion
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 oz piece of wild salmon
- 2 oz piece of true cod or halibut
- 3 local spot prawns
- 2 oz local Dungeness crab meat
- Season the fish well with salt and pepper, heat a steel or Teflon pan, lightly oil, sear the fish and prawns for 2 minutes per side.
- Risotto is easy. It differs from regular rice when cooking in the amount of liquid used. Regular rice is two to one. Risotto is three to one.
- We begin by heating a stock pot, add the oil,
- Add the rice and toast it by stirring constantly, this prepares the rice so it doesn’t break down in the cooking process. After toasting for 4 minutes, add the onion and continue stirring, add 1 cup veg stock and let simmer on low for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, add an additional cup of stock, simmer for 10 more minutes. Now add the last cup, stir well, and cover, let rest 10 more minutes.
- Taste the risotto, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Finish the risotto by heating the pan back up, adding the heavy cream, when hot; throw in the roasted garlic and parmesan.
- The risotto can be done ahead of time and kept warm in the oven while you cook the fish.